Kephart Campus

History of Kephart

United Brethren Church - Allegheny Conference. The Church was organized in October 1904 as the Fawcett Avenue United Brethren Church. There were 13 charter members. The trustees first met on October 11, 1904. A lot was purchased at Fawcett and Shields. A Sunday School Room and Chapel were dedicated April 30, 1905. By 1908 there were 98 members. The sanctuary was dedicated on March 8, 1914. In the fall of 1914, the name of the Church was changed to Kephart Memorial United Brethren Church in memory of Bishop Ezekiel Boring Kephart. This was the result of a gift of $10,000 from the Annual Conference. An educational unit was dedicated May 6, 1956. At the joining of the Methodist and United Brethren Conferences in 1970 the name was changed to the Kephart Memorial United Methodist Church. Kephart and McKeesport: First became a two-point Charge in 2003.