Christy Park Campus

History of Christy Park

A few of the early residents of the farm community which is now Christy Park decided to accept an offer from J. B. Christy, trustee of the land company, to give two lots to any person or group of persons who would purchase two additional lots on which to build a church. In the fall of 1887, the ground for the church building was broken and in 1888 the structure was dedicated as the Christy Park Methodist Episcopal Church. The Reverend James Harry Null was assigned as pastor of the Versailles and Christy Park Churches in 1888, thus beginning regular services. In 1923 the Christy Park Church became a Station. Additions include a parsonage, built in 1915, an educational unit and remodeled sanctuary in 1958. Christy Park became a two Greensburg District 399-point Charge with Buena Vista: Bell Chapel on January 1, 2001.